Thursday, March 14, 2013

Week 8: Book-keeping and Time Complexity Proofs

So this week we just went over the book-keeping of programs in order to determine a rough estimate of their run-time in the worst case. however in tutorial for this part of the section the TA did the book-keeping a bit differently then what we learned in class. Which was counting every operator on each line to determine the total steps that happen on every line, but in class wee just looked at every line being just 1 step. I am assuming different people have there own way of book-keeping programs and counting steps. However after  I have seen the solution's to question from the tutorial problems that week I believe my assumption is true.


Also I can definitely see how finding the runtime/# of steps in the worst case can be tricky however after a little more practice I think I will get use too it. Hopefully?

No comments:

Post a Comment